- Bring your prescription and over-the-counter medications to you local Super Thrifty Pharmacy where we can safely dispose of them.
- Go through all the medicines you have at home.
- Remove prescription medications that are old or that you no longer take.
- Take out old or expired non-prescription medications, including cough/cold, pain, first aid, vitamin and herbal products.
- Remove medicines no longer in their original containers or with labels that can't be read.
- Remove medicines that have changed colour, smell or taste.
- If you don’t know if a medicine is still good, ask your pharmacist.
- Don’t throw medicine in the garbage - children or animals may get into it.
- Don’t flush medicine down the toilet - it’s not good for the environment.