Manager, Medical Equipment Division
We have an exciting new opportunity for Manager of our Medical Equipment Division located in our retail pharmacy facility, a leading provider of Medical Equipment. This position will entail management of a pre-existing team in the Brandon region to help enhance business functions, encourage business growth, and team development.
We are seeking an individual with meticulous attention to detail, strong interpersonal skills and the desire and ability to dive deep into the intricacies of medical equipment such as wheelchairs, lifts, beds, scooters, walkers etc. As a Rehab Equipment Specialist, you will work with your clients and health care professionals (generally Occupational Therapists) to provide customized mobility solutions.
This individual must abide by and promote company core values and exemplify leadership skills while leading, managing, and maintaining accountability.
- Leads and motivates store team and demonstrates a “hands-on” approach in identifying and responding to issues in a timely manner.
- Ensures exceptional customer service & patient care while optimizing productivity.
- Ensures team plans for, and manages seasonal merchandise, and maximizes sales to support advertised items, flyer items, special promotions, in-store marketing initiatives and store standards execution.
- Responsible for human resource activities, which include training, developing and motivating staff.
- Reviews team performance regularly and provides ongoing feedback.
- Identifies training needs and development plans, promotes cross-training culture within the store to ensure all staff have achieved acceptable levels of skill development.
- Leads weekly team meetings.
- Use efficient time management to handle your client load and ensure timely response to client and therapist requests.
- Prepare quotes, send emails, schedule appointments and maintain client records.
- Ensures that we achieve and maintain budgeted sales & inventory targets.
- Manage inventory and ordering systems.
- Has an understanding of the impact of competition in the marketplace and monitors competitor changes in image, product and operations.
- Identifying deficiencies and implementing improvements is a key responsibility of this position.
What makes you a great fit:
- University or College degree in Business and/or Science preferred; or a relevant discipline.
- 2+ years relevant management experience an asset.
- Strong knowledge of retail sales an asset.
- Superior planning, organizational and prioritization skills.
- Have a comprehensive understanding of existing and new product solutions to meet each client’s specific needs.
- Work in close consultation with the referring health care professionals, clients, client’s family and other primary care providers to determine the appropriate choice of commercially available and/or custom fabricated equipment to meet the client’s specific needs.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated experience in a role that required making sound decisions.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to manage and motivate groups of people.
- Strong coaching and mentoring abilities.
- Fantastic attention to detail.
- Proven system for organizing and prioritizing daily tasks.
- Creative trouble shooter and problem solver.
- Strong interpersonal skills and confidence.
- Ability to handle multiple clients and therapist requests.
- Excellent paperwork organization skills.
- Ability to work independently and on a team.
- Ability to understand, plan and execute budgets.
- Superior communication skills both verbal and written.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Valid Class 5 driving license is required.
- Previous medical equipment experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Sales experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer service experience: 1 year (Preferred)
Applicants must be available to work during our regular business hours: Monday to Friday 9:00am-6:00pm, and a monthly Saturday shift 9:00am-4:00pm
How to apply:
Email your resume and cover letter explaining your qualifications and why you are the perfect candidate, including your expected wage to the attention of Lori Dangerfield at: email@example.com. Resumes submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.
Wages are negotiable based on your qualifications and related experience. We offer extended benefits, including extended medical, life and long term disability.
Super Thrifty thanks all applicants but will contact only those selected for an interview.