IT Support Specialist
Full Time, Permanent
Super Thrifty Drugs Canada Ltd. is seeking a full-time IT Support Specialist to work from our corporate office in Brandon, Manitoba. Super Thrifty is a Manitoba-owned group of pharmacies with 15 locations. The company takes pride in valuing strong relationships with our customers, and communities.
- Act as a single point of contact for staff regarding IT issues and inquiries; receive, log and manage all help desk channels from internal staff and provide support.
- Troubleshoot IT related problems through remote or in-person support for in-house software and hardware, including mobile devices, PC/laptops and printers.
- Troubleshoot basic network issues and escalate unresolved tickets to the System Administrator support team.
- Take ownership of user problems, follow up on the status of problems on behalf of the user and communicate progress in a timely manner; maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles.
- Publish support documentation to assist staff with requests for information, provide staff training when required.
- Order, build and/or deploy computer hardware such as desktops, laptops, docking stations, multiple monitor setups, including profile/data transfer from old equipment to new.
- Combination of relevant education, technical training and professional experience will be considered
- Previous IT Service Desk and/or Technical Call Centre experience
- Incident Management experience – Managing incidents including business expectations and communication, as well as documenting resolution and providing other related incident applications
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems with emphasis on Windows applications.
- Excellent communications skills, written, verbal and in-person.
- Knowledge of Windows O/S, Server O/S, and all other Microsoft application and laptop troubleshooting.
- Linux knowledge is preferred but not essential.
We offer competitive wages, a full benefit package & group RRSPs.